Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

...and don't come back.  Ever.  Ok, well, maybe once a week...on Tuesdays. (Can't be having a drought or anything.)  LOL  Well, it's another rainy day here in the Twin Cities.  Sigh.  At least it's not snow, and it gives me a chance to stay in and craft a bit while the hubby's at work.

So, what's the perfect project to work on while it pouring (ok, sprinkling for now) outside?  Tiddly Inks' April Showers challenge, of course!  Here we go!


For this card, I used Tiddly Inks' Donna.  Isn't she adorable??  I love how the handle of her umbrella is also a frog.  Yay!  =)  Whenever it rains, I think of those bright yellow vinyl raincoats and galoshes.  I don't know if I ever actually had a yellow raincoat and galoshes...but they sure do say "spring" to me!  The cloud paper is from Jillibean Soup.  I'm pretty sure it's part of their Blossom Soup collection, but I bought it loose and have lost the part that tells the name, so I'm not sure.  I outlined the clouds with a silver Spica pen, then used a light blue Spica pen to draw the raindrops.  Donna was colored using colored pencils and Gamsol.  I then used light green stickles to outline the umbrella.  Green dp is from Me & My Big Ideas Destination Paradise paper pack.  Ribbon is from Michael's.  Flowers...orange ones are from Iced Got Flowers, pink and green sparkle flower is from Flora Studios, and I don't remember where the little ones with the pearls are from.  I know I bought them at Archiver's.

So, anyway, there's my rainy day card.  I hope you liked it, and I hope you have better weather!  =D

Challenges:
AiFactory: Anything Goes

8 comments:

Loopylou. said...

awwwww it is just so cute and absolutely beautiful. Donna looks great in the yellow wellies and coat! i love all the gorgeous flowers too. thankyou for joining the tiddly inkers this week hugs Lou xxx

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Ok, this is simply adorable!! Love how you outlined the clouds and the umbrella!! The yellow is perfect for her get-up and it does remind me of spring too!! Gorgeous flowers and a lovely layout!!! Thanks for playing at Tiddly Inks this week!
hugs,
M

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Starla!! This is GLORIOUS!! I love how sparkly everything is!! Super lush and texture rich!! Beautiful work lady!! =)

Crafty Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo perfect. :)

JanR said...

This is so sweet. I love the colours you used. Thanks for playing with us at AiFactory!

JanR- AiF dt

Unknown said...

Oh, too cute and I love your choice of colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

femke said...

very sweet card!!! love all the sparkle. thanks you for joining tiddly inks.

greetings femke

Made by Mandy said...

Hi honey,

Love your card and that cute little frog. I love frogs especially little ones :)


Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge at AI Factory.

Mandy (DT member for AI Factory Challenge)