Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A New Challenge Blog!

I found a new challenge blog!!  Ok, well, it's not new, but it's new to me.  It's Anyone for Anya? , and I'm so egg-cited to have found them!  Basically, it's various challenges using either The Greeting Farm or C.C. Design stamps.  Now, when I first began scrapbooking back in February of '10 my mother and I went to a local stamp store for our first stamp shopping spree.  I saw a picture of a stamp from The Greeting Farm called Cheeky Rockabilly and I immediately fell in love. Unfortunately....the store was completely out of that stamp.  In fact, I couldn't find a single store that had it in stock.  As I spent weeks searching for this stamp, I saw more and more of TGF's designs and loved them all.  Finally I was able to locate one Cheeky Rockabilly, purchased it immediately, and all was right with the world...at least until I found my next must-have item.  =)

Anyway, back to the challenge!  This week Anyone for Anya? has an Egg-citing color challenge!  Here is the inspiration photo:


and here is my entry (featuring Cheeky Rockabilly)!


I had a TON of fun with this card!  I was able to use some of my new Easter/summer papers (from Me & My Big Ideas).  The flowers were created using Hero Arts cream flowers colored with chalk ink and then various gems glued in the middle.  Petals were finished off with a touch of Stickles to glitz it up.  Cheeky Rockabilly was colored with Copic markers. I added a tiny bow to her hair, then added a tiny bit of Stickles to the shoes and bow.  I added her to the card using pop dots to give the card some dimension, and to make it look as though she was sitting on the pearl and lace ribbon.

In addition to Anyone for Anya?, I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Stamp-n-Doodle: Girly
Papertake Weekly: Truly Dimensional
Desert Islands Crafts: Berenice's Itinerary

For Desert Islands Crafts you need to use at least three of the following:
1. Ribbon
2. Glitter
3. Birthday Theme
4. Bow
5. Dots
6. Pearls
7. Child Image
8. Balloons Image
9. Bright Colors
10. Easel Card Technique

I used #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 9.

Well, thanks for stopping by!  We'll see you again soon!

8 comments:

Doodlecraft said...

She is so cute! Have to say, she was the hook for me too! Great take on the challenge--love the pearls, the flowers and the vibrant colors! Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya this week! :)

Anonymous said...

Challenges are good and your card is smashing!

:) Lori m

Sara I. said...

The papers are super yummy and love all the glitter on the flowers!! Love the image and how you colored her - too cute!

Stef H said...

it's fabulous.... and colorful! love the pearls around the sentiment!

hugs :)

Scrappychick said...

Fabulous card!! Love the bright colors :) Thanks for playing along with us at DICC this week! We hope to see you back again :)
Cyndi

Gina K said...

What a cute card, Star! I love all of the glitz and glam on it. I also love the pin-up Greeting Farm stamps. I've got a few of them, too. They are so cute! You did a great job with her.

Susan said...

What a great card Starla! Love your colouring and that little bow in her hair really tops it all off! Thanks for joining in the colour challenge at AFA? this week.
Susan xxox AFA DT
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

This is so super cute Starla! I love the little bow in her hair, perfect! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)