Monday, April 11, 2011

A Manly Easter

I don't know about you, but I find it really hard to make cards for guys.  I love bling, sparkle, bright colors, flowers...girly things.  What do guys get?  Guitars?  Skulls?  I have no idea!  That's why I test myself by entering challenges at Cards for Men.  It's a way to stretch my limits, and really see what I can do.  It's a struggle, but I just keep trying and (hopefully) I'm getting better with each card.

This week's Cards for Men challenge is Easter. I actually combined it with Meljen's Designs Easter Challenge and Fab 'n' Funky's sketch challenge.  Here's the sketch:



And here's my attempt:


Like I said...still working on my skills.  =)  The stamp is a recent Meljen's Designs freebie, and I colored it using Copic markers.  Papers are from Me & My Big Ideas' Sunshine 8x8 paper pad and Destination Paradise 12x12 paper pack.

I hope you like it!  Thanks for coming by and taking a look!  See you all tomorrow!

12 comments:

Sara I. said...

Love how your pp circles look like easter eggs - wonderful coloring on that cross!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for playing at F'n'F this time! xx Jenny xx

Lou Sims said...

Brilliant card and love how you have adapted the sketch to fit in with your theme. Many thanks for playing along with Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

Lou
x

Anonymous said...

Oh, I really love this sketch and how you put your card together. :) Lori m

Unknown said...

Very funky card, and perfect for the man in your life, I know how hard it is to make cards for men lol, thanks for joining us this week at Cards for Men :) Alex

Unknown said...

I agree that making cards for men is just plain hard! You did a wonderful job on yours! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!

Anita said...

Fabulous Easter card and perfect for a man. thanks for joining in the Meljen's Designs challenge this week.

Sprytebyrd said...

Great card! What a fun sketch and I love all the papers that you've used!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Lisa said...

Wonderful papers and design! Thanks for playing at Mel Jen's this week:).

Hugs,
Lisa

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Starla. I'm so glad you enjoy the challenges over at Cards for Men. Hope we keep pushing the boundaries for you :)

Donna x

Jen Nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Nelson said...

Love the use of the Sketch and glad we are challenging you over at Cards for Men.. Thanks for joining us

Jen x