Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me...

...that Meljens was having a sketch challenge!  Well, I just had to play along.  Here's the sketch, created by Dianna:


and here is my entry!


Isn't this hippo just as cute as a button?!?  It was colored using colored pencils and Gamasol.  My first time, actually, and I'm pretty happy with the result.  I just might have to go out and get some Gamasol of my very own...if any stores around here finally get it in stock! LOL  I know it's a bit hard to read because of the coloring, but the sentiment says "a little birdie told me."  I thought that was the perfect sentiment for this stamp.  Unfortunately, I was at a crop and was unable to find a stamp with the sentiment, so I ended up having to buy a piece of paper that has a bunch of different images and sentiments and just cutting it out.  The music notes were drawn with a souffle pen.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Meljen's Designs #52 Sketch
Southern Girls Challenge: Add an Animal

7 comments:

Sara I. said...

Adorable Starla - that hippo is one of my favorite images by Meljen's - you did a fabulous job with those musical notes and the coloring. LOVE it!

Anita said...

Very cute card and you did a fabulous job with our sketch. Thanks for joining in the Meljen's Designs Challenge this week.

Anonymous said...

You hippo is so darn cute, you aced the sketch too, love the colors you used, so pretty!

Cheryl said...

This is just adorable! I love the papers you used.

Thank you for joining our sketch challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--

**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

Unknown said...

Aw, this is just so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!
Marlena:)

Lisa said...

Love your colors! Thanks for playing with MelJens's this week:)

Hugs,
Lisa

Nicole said...

Congratulations! You made it in our Top Five Faves this week at Meljen's Designs! Congrats on your win and we hope to see you again this week!

Blessings, Nicole
Meljen's Designs Design Team Coordinator