Monday, April 4, 2011

Getting in Shape

Now some of you might know I posted this last week.  However, we had some technical difficulties with the blog, so we're starting the challenge TODAY!  Yay!  That means there's still time to get your card in there!  Here's the post:

Before I get too far into my post, I have some very exciting news.  I have been added as one of the newest Happi Sisters over at the Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge Blog!  How exciting!  I am so thrilled, and so honored to be a part of such a great group of women.  So, on to this week's challenge!

The Happi Sisters take turns setting challenges, and this week it is Georgia's turn!  Her inspiring challenge is Getting in Shape.  No, we're not talking about exercise....we want you to think outside the box!  Create a shaped card...anything other than a square or rectangle.  

Now, I've never tried a shaped card before, but it was a lot of fun!  Here is my interpretation of the challenge:


I used Leigh's wonderful Curly Stand Friends stamp, which can be found at the Happileigh Scrappin' store here.  She has been colored with Copic markers and decorated with Stickles, gems, buttons and a ribbon.  I also added a skirt using the Sizzix Ornate Fan die. After putting the card together, I *carefully* cut the card stock around the stamp and skirt to create the shape of the card, making sure to have the head hang a little bit above the fold in the card to make sure the two halves stayed together.

Remember, you can use any company's image to enter the challenge, but if you use a Happileigh Scrappin' stamp you get entered TWICE!  If you don't have any Happileigh Scrappin' images yet there are some beautiful freebies here to get you started.  
There are two other new Happi Sisters, and of course the original talented Sisters, so head on over to the Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge Blog to meet them all!  I can't wait to see all your wonderful creations!

8 comments:

Stef H said...

i loved this last week and i STILL love. fabulous - absolutely fabulous!

hugs :)

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

Wonderful post Star, I'm so glad you joined our team.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Great post and wonderful card! Welcome aboard Happi Sister!

Sara I. said...

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you left on my blog - and you know how much I love this card!!

Anonymous said...

First, congratulations is in order for you! And, your card came out so CUTE!! It looks hard, but I think I could do something similar...we don't know until we try, huh?
Kudos to you!
Hugz,
Sharon

Ann said...

Beautiful looking blog and adorable card! :)

Gina K said...

Hiya, Star. Wanted to email you and realized I don't have your email! Crap. Mine is RSL314 (at) verizon (dot) net (written funny to keep people from sending spam). Shoot me an email so I have yours, ok?

Brenda said...

Congrats girlie!! Your shaped card is fabulous!! Love it!