Monday, April 25, 2011

It's Christmas in July...er...April


Happi Monday, everyone!  It's time for another challenge over at  Happileigh Scrappin'!  This week was Happi Sister Molly's turn, and the theme is Christmas.  Now, I know it's only April, and a lot of us are just finally getting rid of the snow...but December comes before you know it, and I don't know about you but I'm always running behind on my holiday cards.  Might as well get an early start, right?  Maybe this year I'll be done before mid-December!  LOL  



I created my card using Leigh's Dancing Holly, which can be found in her Christmas section here. I copied and flipped the image, then merged them using Paint.net.  The image was colored using Copic markers. For the green background, I took a forest green paper, spritzed it with Perfect Pearls, then smeared the mist with a paper towel. The flowers are from Flora Doodles.

Now hopefully y'all are as anxious as I was to get a head start on your holiday cards.  Hop on over to the Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge Blog for all of the details and to see the inspiration from the rest of the Happi Sisters.  (Let me tell you right now, you will NOT be disappointed!  Those Happi Sisters are some talented gals!)

Remember, you do not have to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image to enter the challenge, but if you do your card will be entered twice!  If you do not have any Happileigh Scrappin' images yet, you can find some freebies here, or you can go to the store here.  Leigh still has her spring sale going on (buy 3 and get 1 free) and there's currently a Mother's Day special (receive a free Mother's Day sentiment with every purchase).

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning card!!!

Stef H said...

absolutely beautiful! all that shimmer is right up my alley!

hugs :)

Barbara said...

This is so pretty! Great embellies and design!

Chris Hanselman said...

I love your card. The coloring is AWEsome.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Such a pretty card and I love your coloring!