Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Little Cheering Up

My best friend has been going through some tough times lately.  She's the nicest, most gorgeous, sweetest person I know, but she has been feeling down in the dumps for a while now.  Tomorrow night we are having dinner, and I decided to make a card to try to cheer her up.  Hopefully it will help knock her out of the funk.  If anything, I hope it will be able to give her a little smile when she sees it.  (The sushi we're going to be eating won't hurt, either.)


And here's the inside:


The images and sentiments are by Happileigh Scrappin'. The sign on the front says "Share a cup with friends".
Images colored with Copics, Glaze Pens and Stickles.  I made the paper flowers with a couple of punches and brands, and I made the buttons with my Epiphany Crafts button maker.  Swirls were stamped with Milled Lavender Distress Ink, then I went over the lines with a clear Glaze Pen. The purple rectangle background is popped up using pop dots (to fit over the pearls on the ribbon) and the image is pop dotted above the background to add some more dimension.

Also, the sketch I used is from Digital Tuesday Challenges.  Here's the sketch:


I am also entering the card in the following challenges:
Do You Stack Up: Make it POP
Digital Tuesday: Sketch by Natascha
Paper Playtime: Friends
KB Cute Monday: Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday: Squares  (I made a square card)
Digi Doodle Shop's Best: Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday: Sketch


14 comments:

Trina said...

Very sweet! Enjoy a roll or two for me! :)

WencheP said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

dj1952 said...

Your card is very pretty and I'm sure your friend will enjoy the card especially because you chose to make it. Thanks for joining us at
DDSB this week and we look forward to seeing you soon. Hugs, dj1952

Anonymous said...

Cheerful Wishes for your friend, the card is so pretty I'm sure it will help her smile.

Sushi, well, that part is not for me lol.

:) Hugs, Lori m

Marcy said...

Very pretty card. Wonderful image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

Karen said...

What a very sweet card and a very sweet gesture too! Thank you so much for joining us at DDSB this week. Hugs. Karen.xx

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty card and such a thoughtful gift for your friend.I'm sure she will appreciate it.Thanks for joining us at DDSB :D
Lisa x

Jacilynn said...

i love this sentiment and great colors! such a pretty card.
cheers

Karen said...

Great card and perfect sentiment too, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
xx

Janna Werner said...

Hi Starla, thanks so much for sharing your fabulous creation with us at DYSU Challenge Blog this week :-) Janna

Miranda said...

Hi Starla, your friend will be very happy with such a lovely card
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week, hugs Samantha :0)

Deb said...

Beautiful card, very sweet image!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Sandy O said...

Such a cute card. Love the flouishes. I am certain this will cheer her up :o)