Thursday, August 2, 2012

Digi Doodle Shop #119

Good morning, y'all!  If you're here looking for my Dare to Be Sassy Thursday post...there isn't one.  We have switched teams again, so now I will be showing off the Friday Freebie you can get in the Paper Craft Planet group.  However, if you're here for the newest Digi Doodle Shop challenge....you're in the right spot!  Woo hoo!

This week we want to see

Ribbons and Bows!

Fun, right?  Who doesn't love ribbon?  I sure do.  I admit it; I'm a ribbon junkie.  How about you?  With a baby on the way, I'm trying to get my Christmas cards done super early this year, before I get too tired/busy. (My goal is to have them all finished by my birthday at the end of October. Wish me luck!!)


I used the lovely Christmas Ornaments, available in the Christmas section of the store.  Isn't it beautiful?  I have to admit, it's one of my favorite Christmas stamps ever.  I decided I really wanted a ton of sparkle, so I colored it with Spica markers instead of my Copics.  Well, the green, brown and blue are Spica markers.  The silver is a Stardust pen.  The silver paper I got from Archiver's and embossed using a very cool little damask folder.  The dp is from DCWV.  Ribbon is from Michael's, and the chipboard stars and snowflake are from my stash.  I painted the chipboard silver then covered with Stickles for a bit more shimmer.

Want some more inspiration?  Head on over to the Digi Doodle Shop challenge blog to see the GORGEOUS creations the rest of Team R came up with!

Challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday: Focus on the Ribbon
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge: Butterflies and/or Bows
The Paper Shelter: Glitz and Glimmer
Crafty Catz: All that Glitters
Graphicat: Sketch

22 comments:

Unknown said...

First, congrats to you on your soon-to-be little one. I am wishing you luck to finish your Christmas cards because once that bundle of joy arrives crafty time will be scarce. ;) Love your sparkly scene and I'm going to have to get my Spica's out now and play lol. Beautiful card and your ribbon is divine!
Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for the Focus on the Ribbon challenge. Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Hugs,
Lisa

Denise said...

Stunning Christmas card. Love that image and the way you have coloured it and the embossed paper is gorgeous.
Hugs
Denise xx

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxx

Unknown said...

OH WOW!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this card!!! I am loving the embossed shiney background layer , the shine on your ornaments and how you used your ribbon! How clever!
I am your newest follower!

I have a free digital on my blog just for today, you may want to grab it!
www.scrapbookingforbeginners-naomi.blogspot.com
Creative bug on the Loose
Hope to see you there!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous sweetie. Yes I am sure you will be getting tired soon if you are not already. I am way behind with my Christmas card making this year.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Tammy said...

Just gorgeous and I love that you've used non-traditional holiday colors.

Gina K said...

I love this cool color combo for winter/Christmas cards. The silver ribbon looks awesome!

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs said...

Gorgeous Christmas card. Love your colouring and the colours you've used. Jenny x

Aunty Sue said...

What a lovely Christmas card and thanks for sharing at CRAFTY CATZ this week hope to se you back very soon.

carol said...

Beautiful card,thanks for playing along with our challenge at CC x carol

Karen said...

Ooooh I love this Starla, I love blue for Christmas cards.
xx

Bettina L. said...

This christmas card is awsome Starla. Love the design with the sparkly baubles and fabolous ribbon and stars. Great to see you play along with Top Tip Tuesday too. Good luck. Bettina xx

lalkygirl said...

mahoosive congrats on your news...i am thrilled for you
i love this card ,pretty colours and a great design
tracey x

Gaynor Greaves said...

love this starla, the blues are stunning, Gaynor x

mags said...

Gorgeous christmas card with lots of sparkle and shine. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck.
Mags
x

Kim Kelley said...

This is beautiful! I love the sparkle and shine! Gorgeous darling! Sending lots of mojo your way for getting those CHristmas cards done! HUGS

Melanie said...

Such a lovely Christmas card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Butterflies and/or bows" challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge next Wednesday.

Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

WeirdCat said...

Very pretty card, love the treble row of ribbons and the little stars
Ruth x

Tanya S said...

Great card ! Love the blues! Thanks for joining us at Graphicat Sketch Challenges

Karen said...

fab card Starla, good luck with getting the chrimbo cards done, must start mine soon as time is flying by. may ribbon and bow is in the top left corner of my card.....

Lynn Weber said...

Girl- what a gorgeous xmas card, this makes me want to run home & make xmas cards..though you do have a good reason to get an early start : ) Love the blues w/all the sparkle!!

Judy said...

Very pretty card, and so elegant looking. Great job hun.
xx