Wednesday, July 27, 2011

One Extraordinary Woman

I am just having such a blast with the new Tiddly Inks steampunk images!  I had to create another card today.  For this card I decided to use Priscilla, a frame from the Steampunk Papers - Extra Goodies set and a sentiment from the Steampunk Sentiments Mega Pack.  (These packs are so amazing...you get a huge amount of images or sentiments for a low price.  It's awesome!  You can check out the whole Steampunk line right here.)


The sentiment, which I printed really tiny, says "One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary [wo]men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary [wo]man."  It is attributed to Elbert Hubbard, a writer from the late 1800's.   The merged images I colored with Copics.  The dp with the writing and butterfly is actually a stamp from Hero Arts.  I decided to use it because of the butterflies in the image's frame.  After stamping onto grey paper I edged it using Pumice Stone Distress Ink.  I decided it was a little too bland, so colored the butterfly with Copics.  The butterfly on the top left is a Shapeability by Spellbinders.  It's actually two butterflies.  I cut the dies, adhered one to the card, edged the top one, drew lines on the wings with a Spica marker, curved the wings and attached just the middle to the bottom butterfly. The flowers on the bottom right are not actual flowers.  They are rub-ons, and I added pearls to the centers.

Of course I am entering this into the Tiddly Inks Samples Show Off.  You really should check it out...it's a fabulous way to possibly win some awesome images.  It's a lot of fun, and since there are no set styles, colors or rules, it's a great way to just let your creativity fly!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  We'll be seeing you!

11 comments:

Lau W said...

Oh i love your card, so original, very nice creation my friend !
xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow! Starla, this is GOR-GEEE-OUS! I love how you colored the image and the butterfly. Your inking and embellishing is fabulous.

Thanks for visiting me at Tickell Expressions and leaving me some sugar.

Blessings,
Teresa

Rainbow Lady said...

Starla re my flower challenge just print and cut out the flowers and make up as you wish as you can't read the instructions xx

Lynn Weber said...

oh my, this is sooooo pretty!!! Gorgeous, rich colors...the inkng looks fab!! Your image is awesome, she looks like a "strong" woman to me...love your coloring job!!! This cards rocks as always, Starla!!! I hope you are having a good week. Thanks for the "cheer up" yesterday, it worked,once I got out of work-lol!! I had some upgrades on our work computer & now my reports are all messed up-arghhhhh!! Makes for a long frustrating day...need to win the lottery-lol!!

Stef H said...

yes u r.... enjoying that steampunk! and very well i might add.

this is fabulous!

thanks for clearing up the evil-in-tent! just went by me for some reason - and i'm usually very quick!

i'll keep my eyes out for Mo & Jo. hopefully they'll stop by and yes, i'll play nice!

hugs :)

Tina said...

Beautiful card starla....love all the colors and details....thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments...and im very happy you went to stampinsanity and enjoyed yourself

Tina

ccroll said...

Ahhh, this is great Starla!! :) Love all the details and the combination of butterflies and papers...NICE! :)
XOXO
Christy

Kim Kelley said...

Love it Starla. Such a beautiful combination!

Anonymous said...

Starla, Gorgeous, stunning and amazing, love your cards, tag and the canvas is WOW!!!

Hugs, Lori m

Jenn Borjeson said...

I love the butterflies. :) Another beautiful card!

Brenda said...

Starla, this is so gorgeous. I love that steampunk frame. Love the image, the butterflies and all the extra goodness on your card. Love the sentiment. So Perfect for the image!!
Hugs~Bren