Thursday, August 4, 2011

Christmas in...August?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....well, not really.  But it is in Blogland!!  If you follow me, you know that last week I made a Christmas tag for Simply Betty Challenges, but forgot to do the color part of the challenge (cranberry red, hot cocoa brown, snow white and teal).  Whoops!  Well, now I'm back, and I'm using one of my favorite images from Betty's new Christmas release.


Meet Judy Present!  Isn't she adorable?  She's part of the Sweet Gothic Kids Christmas line, which can be found here.  I colored her with Copics....of course. LOL The flowers I made using a tutorial I found at Tammy's blog here...she did the tutorial for Catch the Bug Wednesday this week.  Aren't they fun?  I was really excited to try it out!  The rest of the papers, gems and ribbon were part of my scrap stash. (The background paper and small flower look a bit green...but they're chocolate brown IRL.)

Well, this tag is a bit different from my last Simply Betty tag.  =D  (I did promise I would make a happy one next. LOL)   I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  We'll see you soon!

Challenges:
Simply Betty Challenges: Tag You're It
PaperPlay Challenges: Christmas in August
Totally Gorjuss: Christmas in July
Digi Doodle Shop's Best: Sketch
2pspASJuly

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tag is fantastic, what a cutie she is and love all the different things you've added to it, I need to get busy on my tags and boxes soon.

Sorry about your power but glad it's back on now. Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs, Lori m
Hop, hop!

Sheree said...

Fabulous tag! Love your colouring and layout! The image is soooo cute!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Sheree

Betty Boo! said...

Oh that is so cute Starla!!! Great tag! Thank you so much for joining in on the fun at SBS... your comment made me giggle! I forgot the color combo too!

Betty

dj1952 said...

Yes, she is an adorable little lady and you've colored her so nicely. I love the white border you've used at the top of the tag. Thanks for joining us at DDSC. Hugs, dj

Karen said...

A lovely card! Thank you so much for entering into our Sketch Challenge this week at DDSC! Hugs. Karen.xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Awesome tag and design, Starla. I love the colors you used. The red and green really pop from the CC background.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love hearing from you.

Blessings,
Teresa

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is so cute, Star! :)

Julie said...

So cute1 Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at digi Doodle Shop's Challenges
Hugs,
julie

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag and great use of the sketch.Love the flowers.Thanks for joining us at DDSC. Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Brenda said...

Great tag Starla. I love your image. great design and your flowers are awesome!!

Karen said...

Love this and what a great image too, thanks for joining us at DDSC.
xx

Lynn Weber said...

what a great tag...your image & coloring put it over the top : ) It's never to early to get ready for xmas or for presents, for that matter : ) Love the colors!! this is totally a happy tag, makes me smile : ) Gald to see you've been able to make some cards this weekend, must be your power is still on -lol!!!

Shirl said...

Adorable Christmas tag great colours and brilliant image.

Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle Shop Best.

Hugs Shirley x x

Sara I. said...

I'm so not ready for Christmas!! You did an awesome job on those flowers and love the ribbon treatment!! Fabby tag :)