Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finally!

Well, I'm finally posting a new card!  Yay!  It feels good being back in the game.  My mojo definitely went away for the past couple of weeks, but it's back! (I hope!)  This is a card I actually started a week ago.  I knew one stamp I wanted to work with, and went from there.  I got the stamp embossed, got the digi colored, the card all put together....and realized I had absolutely no idea what to do about embellishments.  So, the card sat.  And sat.  In the middle of my craft table, mocking me.  Finally tonight, I remembered I had some shell necklaces I could take apart.  How perfect!  Or....would have been perfect if I could find the necklaces.  Sad to say I probably threw them away in the move last summer.  LOL  Lucky for me, as I was going through my (recently neglected) beading supplies I was able to find some shells.  Not exactly what I was going for, but I think it turned out alright.  


The digi stamp is by Michelle Perkett, and colored using Copic markers and stickles.  (By the way, Michelle is having a contest to name her new mermaid digi, so head on over here to play along!)  The seaweed stamp is by Posh Impressions and is called Twisting Leaf Frame.  This was the stamp that inspired the card...I got it at a used stamp sale and immediately thought of Michelle's mermaids.  Originally I had wanted to stamp it and color it in using my Copics.....then I realized it was a solid stamp and not an outline.  I searched everywhere and realized the only green ink I have is this odd olive chalk color...definitely not what I wanted.  Then I remembered I have this awesome Stampendous Stamp n Stuff embossing powder in Kaleidoscope and some pretty green paper....and the frame was born.  I actually ended up liking it a lot more than my original idea.  In the top picture you can't really see it, but it's très shiny. Here's a picture that shows the shiny a little more.  I love how the embossing shines in different greens, golds and blue...


Ok,enough about that stamp. LOL The pool and sand papers are from DCWV's The Photo Real Stack 3. Shells and pearls are in the "I picked up a very long time ago and have no idea where they came from" pile. Sorry!

I didn't create this for any challenges.  I just wanted to use my new stamp and see what I came up with.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the card.  Thanks for stopping by, and we'll see you tomorrow when I'll have even more cards to post! (Hopefully!!!)


1 comment:

Kim Kelley said...

What a lovely card Starla! Glad you're back with us!