Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What a good way to start the morning...

If you know me, you know that I am most definitely not a morning person.  Don't even talk to me for the first 1/2 hour after I wake up....and don't expect me to talk for at least 2 hours. LOL  However, this morning when I got to work I received something that made me smile...an award!  =) 

That definitely made me happy.  In fact...I actually spoke, even though I've only been up for 1 1/2 hours... =)

So the conditions of this award are that I need to tell everyone 8 things about myself...then I need to name 8 stylish bloggers.  Unfortunately, I'm so new at this that I don't really know very many bloggers, but I'll give it a shot!

Thing about myself:
1. I try too hard to make everyone happy.  I end up making myself miserable.  I know that it's not possible, but I just want everyone to have a good time. Can't we all just get along?
2. I love to sing.  I do karaoke 2-3 times a week.  I sing in the car, in the shower, walking around my house.  I sing in my head.  (Which means I always have some sort of song stuck in my head...)
3. I hate Minnesota, but I can't seem to leave.  Actually, I hate snow (I'm terrified of driving in the winter) and Minnesota just has so darn much of it.  However, 99% of my family and friends live in Minnesota (or other states just as snowy) and no one else will agree to move south with me.  Sigh.
4. I'm co-dependant.  I can get along without almost anyone...except DH and my mother.  Of course I love my husband...but my mom and I are extremely close.  We do a lot together...and have pretty much the same hobbies, tastes, and personality.  So really, it's like I'm co-dependant on an older version of me...which could be considered independance, since it's myself.......right??
5. I love to color.  I never grew out of it.  I'd even find cool black and white artwork online to print and color.  It soothes me, and I love putting different color combinations together.  I guess that's why I've fallen in love with scrapbooking and card making so quickly...it's a great excuse to do something I love to do anyway.
6. I love to read.  I read about a book a day.  That's a work day...on a Saturday or Sunday with nothing going on I can read 2 or 3 books.  I'll read just about anything...even if it doesn't sound interesting to me I'll at least give it a shot.  My favorite books, I will read over and over.  I've probably read Watchers, Tick Tock and Lightening by Dean Koontz 50 or more times each.  Same goes with Three Fates by Nora Roberts.
7. I'm super picky about food (as anyone who knows me will tell you).  I don't eat pork, except for an occasional ham and swiss sandwich from Arby's.  I do not like my food to touch.  Don't even THINK about putting corn in my mashed potatoes and gravy. I eat one thing on my plate at a time, and I eat counter-clockwise around my plate.  I don't know why, I just do.  I don't like slimy food...canned peaches, clams, etc.  There's a lot more...but it would probably take 4 days to write it all down.  Most of this stuff is not a deal breaker...I won't refuse to eat potatos where the corn is mixed in.  If I'm a guest, I eat whatever they give me and thank them.  I just prefer certain food certain ways.
8. The majority of the time I don't like people touching me.  Especially strangers.  If I'm in a super crowded room, I don't even like people I know touching me...I'm already freaking out about everyone else.  I don't know why this is...but it is. 

Ok, so now I get to name some stylish bloggers...I'm not sure if these people have already been named, but  I just don't know that many!
1. Songbird
2. Kathy
3. Dana
4. Sam and Christina
5. Ellen
6. Barb
7. Sara
8. Joynana

8 comments:

Gina K said...

I love your 8 comments, girl, and almost feel like I was reading some of my own stuff. I am a picky eater, too. Very picky. Although I do mix my corn and mashed potatoes. LOL. I don't mind being touched, just no prolonged touching. It's a standing joke with friends that I hate prolonged hugs. What is up with that, anyway? Why does someone need to smother you for 10 minutes?!?!

Star said...

LOL! I completely agree. Hugs should last no more than 2 seconds, unless there's a specific reason for a prolonged hug. (Comfort, or 1 year plus of not seeing each other.)

Sara I. said...

Right back atcha friend!!! Thanks for the vote and the award!!! Totally miss seeing you over at G's! Hope you are enjoying the holidays :)

Dana said...

Thanks so much for the award!! It's so funny to me how we can all be so much alike and so very different!! I am guilty of being one of the huggers, but not in an aggressive, invasive kind of way. It's just the way my whole family is.. lol. But I can tell within seconds of hugging someone if they are uncomfortable with it and I stop.
Thanks again!!
Hugs~
Dana

Joynana said...

Starla, thank you so much for the award. I don't really care to hug anyone more that family. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings, But, if we don't really know each other is that really necessary? I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to my blog. and I am glad that I got to come and visit you. I love the design of your blog.

Now I have something to really think about.

Trina said...

Oh my goodness... I used to hate for my food to touch! I've since grown up (and out) and will mix some of my favorites together... You on paperbackswap.com?

Star said...

Trina, no I'm not on paperbackswap.com. I had actually never heard of it. I just went and checked it out, and I have two problems. 1 - When I love a book, I re-read it many times. I have trouble giving up books. 2 - I actually have a Kindle, so I don't have paper books anymore, except for ones that I've kept for sentimental value.

Barb said...

LOL! Well. It seems that we have quite a few things in common. Numbers 1,2,6,7 and 8. I had a great time reading your responses! You're very funny. Congrats to you on getting the award and thank you so much for passing it on to me. I would sign off with 'hugs' but...LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Barb ;D