Thursday, November 10, 2011

Let's Get Sketchy!

**For the Blog Hop and Fairy Challenge please scroll down**

Good morning!  It's time for another Digi Doodle Shop Challenge!!  Woot woot!  This week we are challenging you to create a project using this sketch and either snowflakes or flowers (in place of the flowers in the sketch).


Pretty, huh?  I had a lot of fun working with this sketch.


I used the beautiful Winter Snow Bird. I just love this image...between the cute little bird, the fabulous trees and the lovely holly along the edges...it's one of my favorites.  =D  I colored the image with Copics.  It's kind of hard to see, but the majority of lines in the snow are outlined with Stickles.  The snowflakes (which were part of a Martha Stewart border punch I cut apart) are also outlined with Stickles.  I wish y'all could see it in real life...it's SO sparkly!  =D

Well, now that you've seen my card, slide on over to the Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge blog to check out the amazing creations by the rest of the team.  They are just **fabulous**!

Remember, you don't have to use a Digi Doodle Shop stamp, but if you do it will be entered twice.  Also, you can enter as many times as you want...as long as it's with a new card/project each time.  Plus, all animal stamps are 25% off for the month of November!  PLUS, if you spend $7, you'll get one of these fabulous images:


and a chance to support Pet Pardons! 

I hope to see you join in our challenge this week!  Thanks for stopping by, and we'll catch ya later.  =D

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes + Brown (the trunks of the trees and mailbox post)
Crafty Catz: Anything Goes
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long: Favorite Sketch
Papertake Weekly: Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday: Anything Christmas Goes

23 comments:

Judy said...

Nothing like blue skies after a fallen snow, and I've always heard seeing a Cardinal is good luck, and you should blow them a kiss. Super job hun.

xx

Denise said...

Fab card Starla. Great colouring on the image and pretty papers.
Hugs
Denise xx

Annemaritta said...

Yes, snowflakes and snow look amazing. Stickles gives this something special :) Beautiful image and your backing papers are cool :)

Tammy said...

Wow! Beautiful card. Love how the image is framed with holly and snowflakes!

Doreen said...

A fabulous card,love your colouring.xxx

Karen said...

Great card Starla, fab papers too.
xx

Janette said...

Fab card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Lau W said...

Oh this is a super cute card, love the blue sky !
Have a nice day my friend !
xxx

Turtle In The Sand said...

This is a beautiful winter scene. I love the colors you chose. The holly extending out over the silver frame is awesome. Hugs, Linda

Jenn (Triple J Designs) said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges and Good Luck!!

~Jenn~

Sara I. said...

Such a wonderful Christmas card! Love the blue inking and the papers are beautiful! xx

ahlers5 said...

Great card.Lovely choice of papers.
Diane

Bettina L. said...

This is fab. Love the icy colours and that bright blue sky. Those snowflakes look divine. Hugs Bettina

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fabulous colouring sweetie. Sorry I haven't been around. Just got my craft room built and my boxes unpacked after my move. Made my first card today. Hurrah!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Cely said...

so pretty, starla!!! I like how all those holly leaves are framing all that pretty white snow!

Kim Kelley said...

It is beautiful Starla! I want to take a walk right down that lane! HUGS

Julie said...

Such a pretty card.
Hugs,
julie

Jenny said...

Great card and a lovely image used.
Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
Jenny

tellana said...

This card is so gorgeous that it actually inspired me to make next month's tutorial using this image!
Sorry for not commenting last week :(
Hugs,
Liva ❤

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Starla this is beautiful, that Winter scene is super, the papers, colours and embellishments are gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Scrap Affair said...

Your card is so frosty and wintery =) my absolute fav for holidays! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment

Anonymous said...

The blue and green really draws you into the image.Great card.
Lisa x

Kary said...

Hi, your card is Beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Daisy Doodles.