Sunday, May 29, 2011

Betty at the Beach

A little while ago I was playing around with my Paint.net program and I created this scene using a Simply Betty stamp and a Copic Marker Scrapbooking wave stamp.


I had SUCH a fun time with this!  Betty and the ocean were colored using Copic markers.  To make the beach, I colored it using a beige Copic, then covered it with Antique Linen Distress Stickles.  I was extremely pleased how sand-like it came out!  I expected the Stickles to take DAYS to dry since they were so thick...but they were dry in just a couple of hours!  The sentiment is from Tlc Creations. The sun charm is from my jewelry making stash.

Challenges:
Stamp Something: Sentimental

3 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

LOVE IT! The sand turned out great!

PresentStorm said...

Love this!! very cool scene and stamp. Love your coloring and that sand looks so real!

Betty Boo! said...

That is gorgeous Starla! I love the waves in the back! Awesome, awesome job!

Betty