Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Inspire

Hey y'all!  This is going to be a really short post because it's getting late and I have to get up EARLY tomorrow.  It rained/sleeted most of the night, and it's still going strong.  Tomorrow's going to be a BAD drive to work, so I'm leaving about 2 hours early.  Cross your fingers and say a prayer that I get there!  =D

Anyway, I'm just popping by to show you my latest card.  I created this for February 2012's Sketch For You To Try over at i{heart}2stamp.com.  Here's the sketch.  Fun!

feb2012sketch

Aaaaaaand.......here's my card!


I used the adorable Steampunker by Tiddly Inks.  She was colored with Copics.  Design papers are from DCWV's Tattered Time collection.  The circle behind Steampunker is Core*dinations paper, embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and lightly sanded. Metal embellishments are from Tim Holtz.

Well, that's it for now!  Don't forget to stop by on Thursday to see the new Digi Doodle Shop challenge.  Thanks for visiting, and we'll see you soon!

5 comments:

Lau W said...

Oh ! great interpretation of the sketch Starla ! Love all the metal embellishments !
xxx

Lynn Weber said...

I'd ask you if you had a safe ride to work, BUT somebody stayed home today : ) I'm sooooo jealous, I hope you & honey are having a very relaxing day!!! I'm having an awful day at work, heck I'm having an awful week!!! I took Friday off, I just can't do a whole week of the crap I'm going through, plus my mom is coming to visit on Saturday-yeah!! She's been in Pittsburgh helping out w/Hutton : ) I totally LOVE your new card- it's girly, but not frilly girl cause of the colors- too cool!!! Love the image, she's super cool & I want to be her right now!!! Need to get me that embossing folder & love the metal embellies. This card rocks!! I'm glad to see you've been loading cards on sb.com- looks like I've missed alot of your cards...I know you sometimes post on weekend & I never catch up. Thanks for the gallery love there too, I try to mix up my cards & a lot of time don't post the same on blog & sb.com, unless it's been a slow week. Well back to my hell hole- enjoy your day off, you deserve it!!!!

Charlene said...

Love what you did with this image girl! Your dp's and colors are soooo good with that wonderful image. I have something for you on my blog if you wanna check it out. Hugs and stuff ~ Char

Tracy S said...

Oh my gosh how cute is she and this card! I love your little gear emblellies and that embossing. Super job!

lilscrappers said...

ahhh, love the embossing...how did you do the paper behind the metal embellishments?