Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Stitch in Time...

Happi Monday, y'all!  It's time for this week's Happileigh Scrappin' challenge.  This week, I got to pick the challenge.  I decided to go with "Stitching".  Use hand stitches, machine stitches, or faux stitches...it's all up to you! So, grab a needle (or a pen) and sew up some fun!



I used Leigh's Bee Bounty for my card.  I just love that cute little bee!!  I hand stitched around all of the design papers.  I decided to use a different kind of stitch of each paper.  It was fun figuring out how to make them turn out right. Some day I hope to have a sewing machine so I don't have to do it all by hand, but it was a peaceful way to pass the time. =)

So there you have it!  Head on over to the Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge Blog for details and to check out the submissions from the other Happi Sisters.  Remember, you can use an image from any company, but if you use a Happileigh Scrappin' image your project will be entered twice.  If you don't have any Happileigh Scrappin' images yet you can go here for some freebies or to the store here.  There's still a sale going on (buy three get one free) so now's a good time to stock up on Leigh's gorgeous images!

I am also entering this card in Digital Tuesday's Thinking of You challenge and AiFactory's Nature Walk challenge.

10 comments:

Anneke said...

Great card!
Thanks for joining us at digital tuesday :)
Greetings Anneke

Lau W said...

Oh superb colors on this card, very nice details !
Have a nice day !
xxx

Stef H said...

i absolutely LOVE this! the colors are just fabulous on that image! you so totally ROCK!!!

hugs :)

Kim Kelley said...

What a sweet card Star!

Cely said...

wow! hand stitching on a card! that's so impressive! i have a sewing machine but i couldn't figure out for the life of me how to use it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, stitching is not big for me but your card is adorable! Hugs, Lori m

Roxann said...

How pretty is this!! So vibrant and beautifully done.

Unknown said...

Love the card! I love the bee! A lot of the stuff I used on the mini album actually came from my mom. She went away on a women's retreat for her church and she was in charge of the weekend's activity and she bought a bunch of really cool stuff to make mother's day cards with so I snagged some of it!

Tanika Iswandari said...

Love the stitches and it's so very neat!! :) love the coloring too. great job, Starla! thank you for playing with us at AI Factory! Hugs

Made by Mandy said...

I love that image too, it is such fun and the bee is really cute isn't it :)

You have a lot of patience doing all that stitching by hand, well done!

Love Mandy xxx